Friday, November 4, 2011

I need to change my ways

I think, instead of daily recordings, I need to stick to weekly ones. I'm just not always in the mood each day to post.

This past week has been very stressful, but for a good reason. Now you probably say, stress is good?! Well, the stress I'm talking about is because Sat Nov 5th my youngest child turns 8 and will be baptized ON her bday. So school work this week has almost been non existent for her. Thankfully big brother has stepped up and has helped to teach her with math. So math has been done along with night time reading. Thankfully she has an art and gym class as well as a science class during the week so those have been done. So I guess she's been doing ok.

My oldest, even though he's graduated, is still being required to do some basic studies until he leaves for his mission next spring. We've also been trying to encourage him to find a job. He's had a few temp ones here and there. One that lasted 4 weeks (3 days a week for 3 hrs) helping a gentleman with old paper work. He just recently applied for a job at our local library. With lots of older people looking as well, I'm trying not to be too hopeful. It would be nice if he got it, but who knows.

Oldest dd is faithfully doing her school work. She LOVES routine and is excited each day when I praise her. She doesn't always get stuff, especially math, but we've reached a great milestone this week. She's starting to really remember her times tables and that's BIG! I'm very proud of how well she is doing. She also loves researching minor things just because. I'm just amazed how her. She has also recently really had the desire to help out with household chores. Now keep in mind this is my 15yr who really shouldn't want to help but does. I had to take youngest dd to her science class yesterday, but also had many loads of laundry to do. I had started one load, and when we came back several hrs later she was just finishing. GREAT JOB SWEETIE!

So today dh has the day off. We're going to be doing some pre-birthday celebrating and preparing. Sam's club to pick up the cake and other food items for after her baptism. Dh hair cut, then a movie in the afternoon. Dinner at dd's choosing, then home to prepare for the big day!

So that's been our week and the busy weekend to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment